Online EKG Technician Certification Program
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CERTIFICATE
Self-paced eLearning course includes 6-months access to online content, all eBooks, supplemental content, and related course materials, as applicable.
6 months, $1300
Register: Click here to enroll: EKG Technician Online Certification Program
For assistance, contact our learner support team at email@example.com or by phone 877-261-1484.
Now you can study to become a certified healthcare professional at your own pace and within your schedule. The EKG Technician ONLINE program is offered by City Tech Continuing Studies Center with interactive learning modules, 24/7 mentoring, learning exercises, labs, and a student portal with career resources. To learn about this program and to enroll visit the EKG Technician Program.
The EKG Profession
EKG technicians are in demand! EKG technicians work in physician’s offices, hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities and organizations. EKG technicians also work for insurance companies to provide data for health and life insurance policies. Similar to other growing healthcare professions, the demand for EKG technicians is expected to continue to grow substantially. Approximately 5% more EKG technician jobs will be available by the year 2030.
- Tuition: $1300
- Self-paced eLearning course includes 6-months access to online content, all eBooks, supplemental content, and related course materials, as applicable.
- Register: Click here to enroll: EKG Technician Online Certification Program: https://citytech.edu2.com/product/978/ekg-technician
- Contact: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Certification Prep:
National Workforce Career Association (NWCA) Certified EKG Technician (CEKG)
National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Certified EKG Technician (CET)The EKG Technician Program
This EKG Technician program from City Tech Continuing Studies Center prepares students to function as EKG technicians. The course covers the following key areas and topics:
- Detailed anatomy and physiology of the heart
- Medical disease processes and terminology
- Medical ethics and legal aspects of patient contact
- Electrocardiography and echocardiography
- An introduction to the components, function, and proper use of the EKG machine
- The normal anatomy of the chest wall for proper lead placement
- 12-lead placement and other practices
Detailed Course Topics Covered
- Role of the EKG technician
- Function of the EKG department in a variety of settings (hospital, clinic, office, mobile service)
- Medical terminology related to electrocardiography
- Care and safety of patients including medical and legal aspects of patient care
- Anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system
- Electrophysiology, the conduction system of the heart, and the cardiac cycle
- Circulation of blood through the heart and vessels
- Lead placement for 12-lead electrocardiography
- Basic EKG interpretation of normal rhythms and arrhythmias
- EKG troubleshooting including recognizing artifacts
- Waves and measurements
- EKG strip analysis (P,Q,R,S,T wave-form interpretation)
- Identification of rhythms using the 12-lead EKG
- Holter monitoring and the echocardiogram
- EKG Technicians should have or be pursuing a high school diploma or GED.
- There are several EKG technician national certification exams that are available to students.
Each course includes:
- 24/7 instructor support and course mentoring
- Student and instructor collaboration
- Engaging labs, student exercises, course videos and animated simulations
- Student pre and post assessments and online performance tracking
- National and state certification opportunities
- A secure Student Portal which includes: career guidance, resume writing and other career resources
How to Enroll
Click here: EKG Technician Program
To learn about this program and enroll click here: email@example.com