Online Veterinary Assistant Technician Program
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CERTIFICATE
Self-paced eLearning course includes 6-months access to online content, all eBooks, supplemental content, and related course materials, as applicable.
6 months, $1899
Register: Click here to enroll
The Online Veterinary Assistant program at City Tech Continuing Studies Center prepares learners for a new career in the field of veterinary medicine. Participants will learn about the care of animals as well as how to recognize signs of illness and disease in a variety of animals from common pets to exotic species. This program also covers interpersonal communication, interaction with clients and their animals, as well as how to assist the veterinarian during examinations. Administrative duties, such as fee collection, banking, and accounts payable are also emphasized to provide learners with the skills necessary to maintain an efficient front office. This veterinary assisting course is a vital asset to learners who wish to work in this exciting and rewarding field.
Employment of veterinary assistants and caretakers of laboratory animals is expected to grow 9% to 2030, faster than average for this occupation. As more and more Americans are adopting pets, the pet population continues to increase at a steady pace. Additionally, technological and medical advancements veterinary medicine are helping to boost the level of care for pets at a cost that used to be out of reach, further contributing to the rising demand for veterinary medicine generally, and veterinary assistants in particular. The veterinary assistant can expect to obtain a position mainly in clinics, animal hospitals and research laboratories but grooming facilities, pet day cares and boarding facilities would be in need of individuals with these skills as well.
- Tuition: $1899
- Self-paced eLearning course includes 6-months access to online content, all eBooks, supplemental content, and related course materials, as applicable.
- Register: Click here to enroll: Veterinary Assistant Technician Program
- Contact: Email email@example.com for more information.
- Certification Prep: National Workforce Career Association (NWCA) Veterinary Assistant (VET)
Students should have or be pursuing a high school diploma or GED.
- National certification is available for students who complete this course: National Workforce Career Association (NWCA) Veterinary Assistant (VET)
Detailed Course Topics Covered
After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Explain how to dissect a medical term in terms of prefix, word root, combining forms, and suffixesDefine general medical terms and abbreviations used veterinary medicine
- Define veterinary medical terms and abbreviations that apply to each body system including those for anatomy, physiology, diagnostic procedures, and pathological conditions
- Define terms that describe body parts and anatomy specific to various species of animals
- Define common terms that denote sex, age, birthing, grouping, and general descriptions of animals
- Define veterinary medical terms and abbreviations associated with examination, pharmacology, pathology, surgery, dissection, and laboratory procedures
- Define specific veterinary terms and abbreviations used to describe canines, felines, equine, ruminants, swine, birds, and other species
- Explain the foundations of veterinary practice in terms of ethical, legal, safety, practice management, and professional communication
- Explain the concepts associated with veterinary diagnostics
- Explain the concepts associated with veterinary therapeutics
- Explain the concepts associated with animal nursing care and husbandry for different animal species
Each course includes:
- 24/7 instructor support and course mentoring
- Student and instructor collaboration
- Engaging labs, student exercises, course videos and animated simulations
- Student pre and post assessments and online performance tracking
- National and state certification opportunities
- A secure Student Portal which includes: career guidance, resume writing and other career resources
How to Enroll
Click here: Online Veterinary Assistant Technician Program
To learn about this program and enroll click here: firstname.lastname@example.org