Direct Support Professional Training for English Language Learners
May - June 2019 Download the Course Flyer
4 Days / Week
Call us or visit our office to sign up for an information session! (718) 552-1140
Prepare for a rewarding career working with individuals with developmental disabilities! The Direct Support Professional training is a free 8-week program designed to provide English Language Learners with the knowledge, practical skills, certifications, and English language skills required to be a competent Direct Support Professional.
- Introduction to Developmental Disabilities
- Working with Families & Support Systems
- Ethics and Professional Standards
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Strategies for Crisis Intervention & Prevention (SCIP), Medication Administration (AMAP), Fire Safety, and Promoting Positive Relationships certifications
- High intermediate/advanced English skills (speaking, reading and writing)
- High School Diploma / EquivalencyDriving Permit or License (strongly preferred)
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Experience or desire to be employed in health field
- Available to begin work after program completion
Directions to NYC College of Technology Adult Learning Center
C, F, R toJay Street/Metrotech
2, 3, 4, 5 to Borough Hall
B26, B37, B38, B41, B51, B52, B54, B61, B67, B75.
NYC College of Technology Adult Learning Center
Division of Continuing Education
25 Chapel Street, 4th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201