COST ESTIMATING FOR CONSTRUCTION
Tue, 6:00 - 9:00 pm, 11/24/20 - 12/15/20
12 hours, $415
Preparing an estimate and bidding a job is an essential skill for contractors, designers, and others in the building trades. In this course you will learn to estimate the cost of general conditions, prepare a quantity take off for the materials to be used in the job, and extend unit prices to prepare an accurate bid using both paper and pencil and cost estimating software.
- Extracting information from blueprint in order to estimate pricing
- Understanding material count and quanties
- Factoring building materials and methods into estimate
- Preparing estimate by Square Foot
- Preapre estimate by Unit Price
- Prepare a Lump-Sum estimate
RELATED COURSES FOR THE CONSTRUCTION PROFESSIONAL
Advance your career by taking our series of Blueprint and Construction Management Courses. Each class builds your confidence and leads you to the next level of skill. You'll gain practical expertise in blueprint reading, project cost estimation, project scheduling, working with permits, and managing the many details of a successful design/build or construction business.
ADVANCED CONSTRUCTION BLUEPRINT READING CERTIFICATE