INTRO TO BLUEPRINT READING CERTIFICATE
Mon, 6:00 - 9:00 pm, 5/13/19 - 6/10/19 (No class 5/27/19)
12 hours, $375
Textbook: Students must purchase individually. Print Reading For Construction, 7th Edition WITH PRINTS
If you have the 6th edition that is fine, but we are moving to the 7th.
Learning to read blueprints is an essential skill for designers, contractors, real estate brokers and building owners. In this lecture and hands-on class, you will learn the vocabulary and language of blueprints. Topics covered include drawing scales, plan, elevation and section drawings, architectural symbols and legends.
- Understand architectural scales
- Dimension and area drawings
- Understand drawing types and their functions
- Recognize and read a floor plan, section, and elevation
- Understand Blueprint symbols, notations, abbreviations, and material schedules
- Work with drawings on dimensions, finishes, details
- Apply knowledge to a project you are working on
Advance your career by taking our series of Blueprint and Construction Management Courses. Each class builds your confidence and leads you to the next level of skill. You'll gain practical expertise in blueprint reading, project cost estimation, project scheduling, working with permits, and managing the many details of a successful design/build or construction business.
RELATED COURSES FOR THE CONSTRUCTION PROFESSIONAL
AutoCad and BIM/REVIT