ADVANCED HOME HEALTH AIDE (AHHA)
TRAINING AT CITY TECH
Become a Certified Advanced Home Health Aide (AHHA) in 6 weeks
What does a Certified Advanced Home Health Aides do?
Certified Advanced Home Health Aides work under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, and are authorized to administer medications which are routine or pre-filled or packaged in a manner that promotes relative ease of administration to patients in stable health.
What are some Advanced Home Health Aide Tasks?
- Measure and document vital signs
- Administer medications that are routinely taken by patient as directed by RN – via
mouth, eye, ear, nose, or on skin
- Administer by syringe subcutaneously or intramuscularly medications that are routinely taken by patient as directed by RN
- Assist with daily living tasks – dressing, organizing patient schedule, planning
- Prepare meals according to dietary specifications
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must posses High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to read, speak and write English and have basic math skills
- Must be certified Home Health Aide currently listed on NYS Home Care Registry
- Must have at least one-year experience as certified home health or personal care aide
- Must be CPR or BCLS certified