ADVANCED CONSTRUCTION BLUEPRINT READING
Sec B: Wed, 6:00 - 9:00 pm. 10/24/18 - 11/14/18
12 hours, $375
Textbook: Students must purchase individually.
Print Reading For Construction, 6th Edition. order here
Be certain you order the edition with Printed Blueprints
This lecture and hands-on course provides advanced knowledge of reading the structural, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing drawings found in a set of construction documents. Students will learn to interpret drawings in order to estimate and build a project. Topics covered: architectural and engineering scales, drawing types, shop drawings, symbols, notations, abbreviations, material schedules, material take off and cost estimating.
- Identify building details and requirements as specified in details
- Coordinate Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, and Related Plans
- Recognize load and non-load bearing walls
- Create material take-offs from blueprints and schedules
- Verify accuracy of drawings prior to making cost estimate
RELATED COURSES FOR THE CONSTRUCTION PROFESSIONAL
Advance your career by taking our series of Blueprint and Construction Management Courses. Each class builds your confidence and leads you to the next level of skill. You'll gain practical expertise in blueprint reading, project cost estimation, project scheduling, working with permits, and managing the many details of a successful design/build or construction business.
- ADVANCED CONSTRUCTION BLUEPRINT READING CERTIFICATE
- BUILDING MATERIALS AND METHODS FOR CONSTRUCTION
- COST ESTIMATING FOR CONSTRUCTION CERTIFICATE
AutoCad and BIM/REVIT