TEACHING ASSISTANT/CHILD CARE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
Tues. 6 - 9 pm, & Sat, 10 am - 2 pm. 1/21/14 - 4/22/14
149 hours, $875.
An integrated program for adults in transition to new careers working with children. Students are prepared for employment in both daycare and in school settings. The program includes eighty-nine hours of classroom instruction and a sixty-hour supervised observational practicum in a childcare or educational organization. Classroom instruction includes six hours of test review for the New York State Assessment of Teaching Skills Test (NYSATAS). During the course of the program, the student will complete workshops and receive certificates in Child Abuse ID, School Violence Prevention & Intervention, and CPR/AED, provided requirements are met. Call for a detailed program brochure, 718 552-1170. Additional Expenses: Students may have to purchase approximately $85 in books and supplies. Some internships may require a fingerprinting fee of $110. There is limited space available in this popular program. Enroll early
Prerequisites: High school Diploma or a GED. For other requirements, see the coordinator.
Teaching Assistant/Child Care Certificate Program are located in Downtown Brooklyn, NY.
Teaching Assistants - On the Job-
- Build responsive trusting relationships with each child in their care.
- Provide support to parents in their role as primary caregiver.
- Ensure the safety, health and wellness of children in the program.
- Participate in training to expand skills and knowledge
- Maintain accurate case records to meet the Early Head Start Standards